Banking in Guyana is very effective as Guyana is complimented by a number of banks located within the central points of the city of Georgetown and in the other regions of Guyana.
TravelGuyana would like to enlighten you on the commercial banking system of Guyana. Banking hours are effective from Mondays to Thursdays from 8am to 2pm, and on Fridays from the hours of 8am to 2:30 pm.
The chief commercial bank is the Bank of Guyana, this bank deals with the country’s financial investments and the distribution of the Guyanese currencies.
Img: Bank of Guyana
The other commercial banks are as follows:
- Bank of Baroda which is located on the avenue of the republic, Georgetown. Tel# 226-4005/6.
- Bank of Nova Scotia which is located in Carmichael Street, Georgetown. (There are other branches located in Bartica, New Amsterdam and Parika). Tel# 225-9222.
- Citizens Banks which is located on camp street, Georgetown. Tel# 226-1705/6.
- Demerara Bank which is located on camp street, Georgetown. Tel# 225-0610/9.
- Guyana Bank for Trade, Industry and Commerce which is located on water street, Georgetown (other branches are located in vree-en-Hoop, Parika, Essequibo and Corriveton.) TEL# 226-8430/9.
Img: Guyana Bank for Trade, Industry and Commerce
- New Building Society which is located in the avenue of the republic, Georgetown. (There are other branches in Linden, Berbice, Corentyne, Rosignol, Rose Hall and Essequibo). Tel# 227-4444.
- Republic Bank Guyana ltd. This is located on water street, Georgetown. Tel# 226-1691/4091.
The commercial banks in Guyana are effective in serving the Guyanese population with quality service and allowing the finances of individuals to be safely managed.